Steps to complete the online application process
Before you begin:
- Have your personal information and the necessary scanned documents ready.
- Register an email address that you check regularly. You will receive there the account activation link as well as other regular correspondence. You might consider creating a new email address for IOU studies only.
- Fill out the electronic application form. You will be required to agree and virtually sign our disclaimer form, which can be downloaded here. Check your email inbox for our confirmatory mail and click on the link provided to activate your account.
- Follow the below link to upload your passport-size color photo and your photo ID scan (passport/driving license/national ID card).
- On receiving the acceptance email, which may take a few days, you will be able to follow the below enrollment and payment procedures according to the given dates and instructions
|Spring Semester||Fall Semester|
|Selecting a group||December 15 – January 15||June 15 – July 15|
|Paying the fees||January 1 – 20||July 1 – 20|
|Beginning of classes||1st week of February||1st week of August|
|Semester duration||February 1 – July 31||August 1 – January 31|
1. SELECT THE GROUP :
On the first day of enrollment, you will receive an email with group registration link. Students with confirmed admission may proceed to select a group during the enrollment period stated above depending on the semester.
Please note that selecting a group does not mean that the group will be opened. A minimum of 8 applicants is required to launch the classes in the group.
Important: By selecting a group, you agree to pay the semester registration fee once the group is opened.
2. PAY THE FEES
If the group, which you have chosen, reaches the minimum of 8 applicants, it is going to be opened and you should pay the semester registration fee within required period (that time easy payment instructions will be sent to you in an email). You may now check the sliding scale fees at http://www.iou-gqmc.com/sliding-scale-fees/.
Kindly do not pay the fee if you have not received an email confirming that the chosen group has been opened.
3. BEGIN YOUR CLASSES
The classes in the groups that have been opened will commence in the first week of Feburary or August depending on the enrollment semester.
- Before selecting a group, make sure that you are able to follow the group’s schedule (remember that class timings are given in Qatar Time).
- By choosing a group, you agree to pay the semester registration fees once the group is opened.
- Students who select a group will be requested to attend the classes. The coordinator may agree for a student to change his/her group only in rare and extreme cases of dire necessity.
- Students are not allowed to drop a course in the middle of a semester
- Any student who wants to drop a course needs to inform the coordinator so that necessary unenrollment steps can be taken
- The semester registration fees for the Quran Memorization program are neither refundable nor transferable under any circumstances. This is due to the modest fees charged.
- The semester fees are deducted from an enrolled student’s account even if the student does not attend any classes.
- Students are required to pay the fee for each semester they are going to be enrolled to. The payment shall be made during the prescribed period. Any student who has been enrolled to a group but does not pay the fees for the upcoming semester will be unenrolled from the group by the beginning of the upcoming semester