The minimum requirements for the admission into the Ijazah program are:
- Having already memorized the whole Al-Quran Al-Kareem OR a very good level of memorization of minimum 15 juz (chapters) on a condition to complete the memorization with a teacher in the same IOU Ijazah program. The new 15 chapters will then be reviewed repeatedly until fixed in the memory over 1 or 2 semesters according to the student’s ability to memorize.
*Note: the ijazah is an Amanah (a trust) in front of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) so the student who:
- has not memorized the entire Quran yet,
- needs to improve his/her level of recitation and tajweed to be eligible for the ijazah program,
will have a trial month to determine the level of memorization and recitation. If the level is intermediate or less, the student has to join a one-on-one program for one or two semesters or more until the student reaches a good or advanced level.
- Reciting to the teacher with eyes covered.
- Ability to recite the Quran with tajweed.
- Since this certificate (Ijazah) is the same as the one held by the senior professors, students who wish to gain this honor will have to recite from the memory the majority of the Quranic chapters to confirm that they have reached the level of perfection of memorization, and correct application of tajweed rules.