Upon meeting the academic requirements of the Islamic Online University and the standards of performance of the Ijazah course, a student is awarded an Ijazah in the Quran memorization and a Certificate of Memorization for one or two poems.
1. Ijazah Course Requirements
The Ijazah course consists of live tutorial sessions conducted online.
In order to graduate from the course, a student must:
• Memorize the whole Quran,
• Recite a khatma once with eyes covered during the online live sessions.
2. Score Requirements
The minimum requirement for a student to successfully pass the Ijazah course is:
• 70% mark in the Quran memorization,
• 70% mark in tajweed,
• 70% mark in the memorization and interpretation of Al-Jazariyyah poem (note: Tuhfat Al-Atfal poem is optional and it will be added to the certificate),
• General evaluation to be at least: “good”.
3. University Requirements
i. Clearance from the Admissions Office
The successful completion of all categories of the undergraduate (certificate) program includes successful receipt of the attested (notarized) document at the IOU Headquarters in the Gambia.
Required document to be sent via airmail is:
– A photocopy of passport. In case of passport unavailability, any other official photo ID may be accepted by the Admissions Office (national identity card, driver’s licence, etc.).
The document must be sent to:
Islamic Online University
21 Kanifing Mosque Road,
P.O. Box 2340,
Kanifing South, KMC,
Tel: +220-4379687 / +220-9666612
ii. Clearance from the IOU Payments Department
The graduation requirements for the Ijazah program include receiving “No Dues” clearance email from the IOU Payments department.
The University dues requiring clearance include the monthly registration fees.
Note: The minimum duration of the Ijazah course is one year. Hence, a student who has completed the course in less time is still obliged to pay the complete course fee.
Any outstanding balance with IOU, i.e. dues, must be cleared prior to the graduation.
4. Graduation Fees
All students are required to pay a standard certificate-processing fee of $150 USD upon completion of the program prior to the graduation. The fee covers attestation of the IOU accredited certificate and the postal charges.